Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Kane Chronicles: Book 2: The Throne of Fire

            The Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan, is a continuation of siblings Carter and Sadie Kane's adventure.  I think it was even funnier than the last book.  In The Throne of Fire, something unexpected, and most likely hilarious, is around every corner.  Rick Riordan has managed to fit comedy in the most serious situations in the past and he continues to do so.   I recommend this amazing book for people of all ages.
             Rick Riordan is the author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus series.  They are all very humorous and I enjoyed them all.  The books in The Kane Chronicles are called The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire, and The Serpent's Shadow.  I have not read The Serpent's Shadow yet.  I am planning to read it after I finish The Mark of Athena, the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan reads all of Riordan's books as well. I believe I saw "The Mark of Athena" sitting in the den. I think he took it with him to read while he was in Greece this week. What a great place to read stories of mythology, I assume it is Greek mythology they are referencing or is that Roman?

    ReplyDelete