Friday, October 18, 2013

Harry Potter: Book 7: The Deathly Hallows

           Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling, is the final installment in the Harry Potter series.  In my opinion, it is the second best book in the series with the previous being my favorite.  Harry has chosen not to go back to Hogwarts and go horcrux hunting instead.  He wanted to go alone, but Ron and Hermione go with him because he can't do anything without them.  This is where the last book left off, and I couldn't wait to start this one.  There are two new teachers this time and Voldemort takes over the school.  So you can expect many things from this book.

            If I could change one thing I wouldn't change anything important to the story, just a minor detail.  I would change how Harry feels about finding horcruxes.  He just doesn't seem to care that much about finding one.  When he finds one, he's just like "Okay, cool," but he should be like "Yes!  One more down!"  His reactions are under-exaggerated and he seems like a robot.  He is looking for things that can kill the most dangerous wizard alive and he doesn't seem to care much.

            I like this book a lot, except for that one detail.  It was well thought out and was very engaging.  It was a very good book and it is a very good ending to the series.  I recommend it to anyone that has read all of the other books.  If you haven't read all of the other books, you can still read it, it just won't make as much sense and you probably won't like it as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment